Dawson's Creek Affiliates Dawson's Creek Images Dawson's Creek Extras Dawson's Creek Transcripts

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 05/28/03 17:29
# 1 

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

Ok. first of all, I will like to thank every Joey and Pacey, for supporting them through the years we haver to put out, with season five and season six(601-613)because we know what happens in 614-618, then that fucking Eddie...but we all know Joey really loves, Pacey, it was meant to be. Thanks to Dawsons Creek people, i will always love this. I started watching it when i was...14 now i am 20...and i dont regret watching it will always bring memorys to me.

Thanks Dawsons Creek

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 05/28/03 17:36
# 2 

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

Ok. Lets get to bussiness since nobody wanted to talk about it, but i am not going to keep my mouth shut, what the fuck happened to that scene where Joey sees the ring...as we know Pacey was going to ask Joey to marry him. Whta happened

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/04/03 04:07
# 3 

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

WHat happened was simple:

KW wrote the first draft and made it a DJ ending.

Then he re-wrote it many times and made it a PJ ending. Apparently he made it clear her choice was PJ by making her say she loves him like a woman loves a man, and MAYBE by having her get a ring from Pacey.

Then all of us DJers were rightfully outraged and bombarded TPTB with emails and mails.

The ending was changed to a semi-open one. It was left to the audience assumption. They showed Pacey on Joey's couch,and they showed a kiss, but they did not cement the deal. Nothing was said to show it was her final choice. It was done this way so that the PJers can be happy and think PJ are gonna be together forever, while the DJers remember the epic scene in the finale where DJ proclaim their eternal, beyond friendship bond. And since we didnt see any declarations of eternal love between PJ, we are left to assume that nothing was final and Dawson is still her soulmate and she has the strongest bond with him. So everyone gets something. no one WON.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/04/03 12:07
# 4 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

no offense, but Joey ended up with Pacey. I have at least four articles stating it. Dawson and Joey end up as soulmate friends and Joey and Pacey end up as lovers.

Set five years in the future, it killed off one of its original quartet (as opposed to “Buffy,” which kept its founding foursome intact). And it let Joey, the crush of Capeside, make the risky and right choice between her two on-again, off-again loves.
Picking her passion for Pacey over her soulmate — and sentimental favorite — Dawson sent a message: At long last, “Dawson's Creek” really had grown up.

www.medialifemagazine.com...riday.html

Here's from the Cheers & Jeers section of the June 7-13 TV Guide w/ Law & Order: SVU on the cover:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers to Dawson's Creek's going-away party. The series finale's epilogue, set five years after the main action, was a satisfying reminder of why we once enjoyed this show. Sharp, surprising and a little sappy, it was everything a teen soap should be. And Joey ended up with Pacey, not Dawson. Perfect.

julialex

Obsessed Fan

Just to keep this thread from dying, here's a little review of the finale from the New York Observer.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NYTV Left Coast correspondent Alexandra Jacobs took time off from her packed schedule of writing, editing, hosting media salons and couching with Jenny Aniston to weigh in on last week's epic Dawson's Creek finale:
Fans of the young-adult television drama Dawson's Creek—indeed, citizens of the world—can be divided into two camps: the "DJ"ers and the "PJ"ers. "DJ"ers are the cerebral, sexless idealists who thought that Joey Potter should wind up with that insipid broad-browed beta-male Dawson Leery. "PJ"ers are quick-pulsed emotional types who kept hoping, against all reason, that Joey would find a way to be with that handsome devil, Pacey …. What was his last name, anyway?

Well, no matter. The series finale last Wednesday marked a resounding victory for the "PJ"ers, still basking in the afterglow on the show's teeming on-line message boards. After an excruciating two hours— during which that soporific blond chick took waaay too long to die (with obligatory plastic tube up her nose) and there were more same-sex clinches than in The Hours—Joey, now a sophisticated book editor, is spotted in her improbably luxurious Manhattan high-rise watching TV with … Pacey!

Phew! One might venture that Dawson's Creek is this generation's Philadelphia Story, with the tomboyish, holier-than-thou Katie Holmes in the Kate Hepburn role, James Van Der Beek as a bumbling Jimmy Stewart (albeit with a big forehead and zero charisma) and Joshua Jackson settling Cary Grant's ermine mantle over his shoulders. Thanks for six special years, guys, and this Janey-come-lately fan will see you over on TBS.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/04/03 12:33
# 5 

Hammered

Hammered

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Fans of the young-adult television drama Dawson's Creek—indeed, citizens of the world—can be divided into two camps: the "DJ"ers and the "PJ"ers.

What about those of us (or am I the only one) who were hoping she wouldn't pick either one? Would those be the No-Jers? :dunno

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/04/03 14:31
# 6 

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
After an excruciating two hours— during which that soporific blond chick took waaay too long to die

anyone who would make this type of comment about Jen is a heartless jerk, and I am GLAD not to count that person on the DJers side. If he actually liked Dawson, I would have to question my own sanity.

and I didnt say Joey didnt pick Pacey. I said nothing was made final. It was left to the audience assumption. There were no proposals, no declarations of eternal love ( except betwen DJ).

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/04/03 17:48
# 7 

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

Lets get to it:

Come on fleet88, the show is over, Joey and Pacey is/are/and will always be the True Love of the show, not Dawson and Joey. Maybe the only reason the ring part was left out is because you DJers wouldnt stop crying. Joey and Pacey ended up together. The promo said and I quote: "Five years in the future were Joey will finally make her final choice between Dawson(fucking geek) and Pacey(her True Love). Come its ilogical for them(DJ) to ended up together, because there like brother and sister...its incest man!.

You have the right for an assumption, but everybody knows the truth, Joey and Pacey are soulmates, Dawson and Joey are Hellmates.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/05/03 19:41
# 8 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

It only takes place a few weeks after the funeral. Joey saying her love for Pacey was real and wanted to stop running from Pacey. Pacey being his usual selfless self by saying all he cared about was her happiness was a 100 times better than Dawson being his usual smug egotistical self. Pacey loves Joey unconditionally. Dawson only loves himself. Joey already told Jen that she always knew who she's suppose to be with since the triangle. In otherwords, Pacey is the one for her. If they took out dialogue, it was to surprise the audience until the very end. You know the way a woman loves a man.

This has been the theme over the last couple years. Joey and Dawson are stuck in their fifteen year old world. Joey even told Audrey and Pacey she was relieved to get a way from Dawson and that she didn't really want him and that everything she was suppose to want shifted. Joey even told Dawson she is his security blanket. Joey and Pacey allow each other to grow. Dawson still blames Joey for things that happened four years a go and never apologizes, unlike Pacey who apologizes.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/08/03 16:54
# 9 

Administrator

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Dawson still blames Joey for things that happened four years a go and never apologizes, unlike Pacey who apologizes.

Now see this just makes me SO :mad :mad :mad

I mean... Dawson still blames Joey for what? Who the fuck cares? I mean Joey should be the one to fucking HATE Dawson.. I swear. :shake :shake I guess I just never saw a whole lot of wrong doing on Joey's part.. but Dawson- OMG. What a MORON! :tantrum :tantrum

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/08/03 18:18

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
I mean Joey should be the one to fucking HATE Dawson..

Amen sista!

Quote:
Quote:
I swear.

**covers eyes** :grin

Quote:
Quote:
I guess I just never saw a whole lot of wrong doing on Joey's part.. but Dawson- OMG. What a MORON!

Don't hold back.. keep it coming girl. :beg

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/09/03 08:16

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

How can anyone actually truly believe even after seeing the last ep that she is gonna eventually end up with Dawson...She made her final choice live with it... She said she loves Pacey like a woman loves a man and she said to Jen she always knew which man she truly loved and was meant to be with she was just afraid...Pacey is her true love, Dawson is her life long friend...

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/10/03 14:05

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

Still!...Nobody has answer my question. What happened to that scene.

Come on Somebody must know!

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/10/03 14:08

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

I am sorry. i didnt specified, the scene that i was talking about, was the one that they cut from the finale, where Joey sees a ring.

Like i was saying somebody must know!

Joey and Pacey :kiss

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/29/03 20:12

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
She said she loves Pacey like a woman loves a man

Dude, if it aint on the frame, it DOESNT EXIST! Living on spoilers is like living on fanfics. They are just words on a piece of paper now, they didnt make the cut. She never said that ! And you kno wwhy? Because TPTB did not make it final. Believe what you want. Dont you think they could have added 5 seconds to teh show and kept the line? they cut it out for a reason. Maybe they didnty even film it. Who cares? The WB said it was the final choice. Last time I checked, the WB doesnt writ scripts. Kevin never said anything like that.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/30/03 07:58

Hammered

Hammered

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
I am sorry. i didnt specified, the scene that i was talking about, was the one that they cut from the finale, where Joey sees a ring.

I could be wrong, but from what I understood, the ring that Joey found was supposed to be from Christopher, her b/f in New York. I think she found it before she left to go to Capeside. Can anyone back me up on that?

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/30/03 09:57

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

some desillusioned PJers insist that Pacey was the one who was gonna give it to her. Let them think what they want. who cares? it didnt happen

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 06/30/03 17:11

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

Kevin Williamson and Greg Prange said Joey picks her final choice. If some DJer's want to be delusional, than go ahead. Joey said her love for Dawson was purely innocent, while her love for Pacey was real. She's always known she's suppose to be with him, but is so use to running. Then, she told Pacey she was running from him.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 07/01/03 10:24

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Joey said her love for Dawson was purely innocent,

She said eternally innocent. Just as my love for my husband is eternally innocent ( meaning it was never fake nor tainted). I dunno why some PJers equate innocent to "child-like". She was basically saying that she loves them both. Geez, anywhoo, who cares.

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 07/01/03 12:05

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

Good ol' Fleety back to her roots! ;) :boxing

:loveu

TopBottom

True Love Wins!!!!!!
 Posted: 07/11/03 08:34

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

Quote:
Quote:
I could be wrong, but from what I understood, the ring that Joey found was supposed to be from Christopher, her b/f in New York. I think she found it before she left to go to Capeside. Can anyone back me up on that?

You are correct ... It's been confirmed by several sources. His proposal prompted Joey's arrival for Gale's wedding. As evidenced by Pacey's question "I thought you weren't coming?" and Joey's reply "Long story."

TopBottom

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next