Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
# 1 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

This is the season premier

Guest Stars: Mercedes McNab (as Harmony Kendall) Jonathan M. Woodward (as Knox)

Synopsis
After settling into his new job at Wolfram & Hart (with Harmony as his secretary), Angel meets a young lady named Eve, who claims that she is the new liaison between him and the Senior Partners. She explains that in order for him to do good in LA, he will have to be prepared to do some bad too.

Angel is forced to prevent a criminal from going to jail, when he threatens to drop a chemical warfare virus, that could ultimately destroy California. Meanwhile, Gunn impresses a court full of people, when it is revealed that Wolfram & Hart have bestowed him with a vast knowledge of the law.

Notes
Charisma Carpenter and Vincent Kartheiser have been removed from the opening credits.
This episode marks the first time Joss Whedon has written and directed the season premiere since the pilot
Angel moves out of the Hyperion hotel after 3 years of living there with the rest of AI.
Mercedes McNab reprises her role and Harmony after being told to leave by Cordelia at the end of 2x17 'Disharmony'.

Episode 2 is called spiked

they havent started taping it, itll be taped on my bday aug 5 but it will deal with spikes return

well there ya go:grin

TopBottom

# 2 

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

*sobs*
I don't want Charisma to go! (Wait, does she leave the show for good? Or does she do a Giles, and only be a "sometimes" character?)

TopBottom

# 3 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

i was under the impression she is leaving the show for good but now i found out that shell get out of a coffin and then leave but she wont be coming back after that, and ya ill miss her angel and cordy will have nver had there relationship

TopBottom

# 4 

Sober

Sober

Reply Quote

ok, i'm putting on my peppy, pro-active hat now. be warned!

yes, cordelia is gone, boohoo, how sad we all feel, but lets look on the *plus* side here people...Spike. Is. Back. personally i think that's worth the loss, but i know others feel differently.

ok, peppy hat is off, embarrased-at-recent-outburst-hat is placed firmly on top of beetroot-red head.:hide

TopBottom

# 5 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

i think that carisma is a lot better for the show but wat they did with her last season was horrible. ill be sad shes leaving but if they planned to do something as stupid as wat they did last year then im glad it wont happen again. Apart from a few kool points i think last season was very stupid

TopBottom

# 6 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

:fight It was kinda lame. I liked the idea about her going evil and giving birth to a demonic god, but then they let her live and placed her in a comma. That was S-T-U-P-I-D. They should have just killed her off then and there. Dragging this crap out with a "days of our lives" comma was such a retarded move. Charisma must have thought "why did I even come to work today" through the last few episode tapings.Also the whole Cordy/ Angel pairing was a complete waste of time. Not a damn thing ever came of it. It was just filler. It gave the love sick viewers something to watch. IMO once evil cordy was down for the count the season got very retarded. This season looks to be coming along good though, so hopefully it'll be a spectacular event all year long and not choke at crunch time like before.That was kind of harsh of me. I should probably mention I love the hell out of Angel and respect everything Joss and co has down with it. It really has become a true successor to Buffy. I just hope they keep it together better this year. :bat

TopBottom

# 7 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

i totally agree with u except i didnt even like with evil cordy. I mean it was just a bad storyline and i think ruined the season. But angel has done great, actually one of the best spinoffs around. (family matters did extremelly well in it) and i do respect joss for the good work hes done, but now he can focus just on angel. Plus with the new characters and from what i hear it sounds like a very good and exciting season. Just the wait period which i hate :tantrum

TopBottom

# 8 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

:fight Yeah the wait is never good.Joss said they took the Cordelia character as far as she could go, stating that she started out all shallow and then became this hero kinda like how Buffy was before she was Chosen. I'd like to agree with that, but then the question becomes "if they went to so much trouble to make her all nice, why the hell did they turn her evil in the 9th inning stretch?" It just doesn't lend to Joss' explanation. So anyone that thinks there's more to the story than the simple "the character ran it's course" explanation is probably right on. I wish they would just come out and say that there were problems on set or the actress wasn't happy with her character's direction. I mean we're adults, we can take it. Do they think we'll stop watching if we know they're was on set feuding...HELL NO! This is America we get off on crap like that. How do you think Jerry Springer had endured as long as he has?:bat

TopBottom

# 9 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

haha jerry springer's cases is soooooo fake. there cant possibly be that many screwed up ppl in the world. Its different on a set of a movie. The writers give u ur lines. Thats it, thats ur character. Maybe she just kept it bottles up but i think her whole shallowness was just left ove from buffy. she wasnt that shallow when she came on angel but ya i didnt like ever since she became part demon. U could tell that they were slowly running out of things for her. But i mean it could last at least a half a season with a relationship with angel. And if they just kept up hero thing for the rest we would have been fine. The whole evil thing just didnt do., and their explanations for it was even worse

TopBottom

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

:fight I totally agree. They had to have known it was a stupid decision to make Cordy go all evil. The problem just got worse when they decided instead of fixing it, it would just be better to sack the character. Personally I think they took her too far even in their opinions. I honestly feel that they had every intention of hooking her and Angel up and having her continue to recive visions and help the helpless. But then someone had the bright idea of making her evil, cause it had worked out so well when it happened on Buffy when it happened with Willow.They figured it would be perfect. One thing I don't think they understood was that Willow's transformation to evil was 5 years in the making. She started magic in season 2 and by season 6 she had crossed over. Cordelia didn't have that kinda of backstory going for her. Plus any average fan would not understand what she was. Is she a higher being? is she a demon? does she get visions still? It was all very confusing. Toward the end, i felt very alienated by what was going on with Cordelia. It's easy to understand that someone is evil, but what wasn't that easy to comprehend was why this radical change happened. I never felt that was explained well enough, which resulted in the collapse of the entire storyline. And of course once that storyline went the cordy character got trapped under the rubble. It would be nice if they brought her out of the comma and explained a few things better and then sent her off on her merry way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cordelia wanted out of the business after all the crazy shit that's hapened to her. I think she'd be completely justifide. Angel will probably blame himself for her leaving, which will make for some great brooding material:bat

TopBottom

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

well explained. but they had a chance to fix it, and that was to make her good again before she was in a coma. i think once shes fianlly gone itll be a few shows in that angel is grieving and stuff and spike wont help the matter

TopBottom

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

I think they don't really want to say what I think is the truth. That they had planned to have Cordelia in it until the show ended but she fell pregnant and unfortunately it was either cover her up and not draw too much attention to her growing belly or work it into the show. Most shows would opt for the cover up. But Joss obviously decided to work it into a show instead of just show her in long jackets and shoot her from the chest up.

I am one of the ones who liked the way they turned her evil. But as it said she wasn't evil. And evil being was inside of her and controlling her. Never forget that. It wasn't Cordy, just her body.

But the real reason she isn't a regular is most likely to be that she probably wants time to spend with her new child. I mean wouldn't you?

Flynn 19

TopBottom

Hammered

Hammered

Reply Quote

Flynn 19, welcome to the board! :welcome Hope you stick around!
:groupwave

TopBottom

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

Thank you. I will be sticking around for as long as these boards are relevant (ie. when the first and second episodes of the coming Angel Season air).

That said, I feel a strange desire to let out my disappointment in the final episode of season 7 of Buffy.

Don't get me wrong it was a good episode. But they won way, way too easily. I mean having them find a mystical superweapon and as soon as the potentials are slayers haveing each one of them beat the living crap out of hordes of Turok-Han is a cop out. I mean Buffy could barely take on one of them earliuer in the season and they were crying "The End Is Nigh" in a way. Granted the scythe was a powerful weapon and could slice them and dice them easily, but the other newbie slayers didn't have that. They had normal run-of-the-mill weapons. I mean you'd think that even with the super weapon she'd have a hell of a lot more trouble fighting the very thing that created evil wouldn't you. I mean after all the talk about the first being big, and old and more powerful then anything she had ever felt, she still took the first down. Although some might argue that she didn't kill the first, merely thwarted it. But as Giles said the first was stupid enough to have all the Turok-Han come from the Hellmouth in Sunnydale and not have it in Cleveland where it would be much more difficult for Buffy to reach in time.

I like the way Spike died, again a cop out as he took down all the Turok-Han in one go. I mean having what could have been the greatest villain in Buffy History defeated so easily by a trinket and a magical battle-axe was not the ending I would have planned.

I would have made it much more epic. I mean THE evil for pete's sake. Not a day to day try-hard who Buffy could slice up in an instant. But it should have been a fight between Buffy and the first, one on one, while the Turok-Han were handled by the others. And it should have been a fight that Buffy lost, and that she was only a diversion to keep the first busy while Spike and his trinket worked the real magic. Closing the Hellmouth and stopping the First right under it's shape-shifting nose.

And then the first could really pissed and turned up on Angel where it uses the divine+evil powers of Wolfram and Hart to it's advantage to make itself coporeal. Then the real fun would start as Spike turns up.

Sorry but the way they ended Buffy didn't appeal to me. If it did to anyone of you. Then that's just jolly-well good. Each man to his own.

Sorry for ranting, once I start I cannot stop. Forgive me.

Flynn 19

TopBottom

Administrator

Reply Quote

Welcome to FD, Flynn 19! :welcome :welcome :welcome

:celebrate :celebrate

TopBottom

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

I think I might avoid this thread from now on... just so I don't ruin the experience entirely! :)

TopBottom

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

Welcome Flynn

TopBottom

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

Yes, :welcome Flynn!

TopBottom

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

Even though I'm hugely disappointed that Cordy isn't coming back.. I can't wait for the new season to start!

I just hope that Joss doesn't do anything else thats stupid for the show overall. :)

TopBottom

Administrator

Reply Quote

I agree with you on the doing stupid stuff for the show, Vicki. I think bringing Spike on will really help that situation though. Hopefully, SMG will be able to make a few appearances this season as well to make things really heat up!

TopBottom

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next