Broken ~1/1~ (Pacey/Joey)
 Posted: 05/02/03 21:05
# 1 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

Broken

Running along the shoreline, she became breathless. Stopping to watch as the waves crashed around her feet, she walked further into the cold water. Wrapping her arms around herself, she tried to shield the night air that was seeping through the thin material that draped around her body. The taste of salt ran across her lips. She could no longer tell if it were from the ocean waves that splashed against her face, or from the tears that ran down her cheeks. As the water began to rise around her, her lips began to quiver. She welcomed the coldness. It felt as if a thousand tiny needles cut through her delicate skin. Hoping that it would mask the pain she was feeling inside. Every night she searched the sky for an answer. Waiting for an answer that would never be found. A clap of thunder could be heard in the distance. Startled, she turned and slowly made her way back up to the beach.

Walking back into the house, she made her way to her room and quickly changed into dry clothing. As she deposited her wet clothes in the laundry room, she could hear voices coming from the living room. Slowly making her way down the hallway, she stood at the entryway.

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Pacey… Happy Birthday to you!” Each trying to sing as off key as possible.

Jack carried the cake out from the kitchen and set it down on the dinning room table. “Pacey, you'd better hurry up and get these candles blown out fast. We'd hate it if the Capeside Fire Department was called out on a false alarm.”

“You guys just think you're being funny,” he laughed. “I think you put about ten too many candles on that cake.” Stepping up, he inhaled a deep breath, getting ready to blow.

“Wait!” Joey screamed out. Moving to stand beside him, “Aren't you going to make a wish?”

Placing a hand over her stomach and kissing her forehead, “What makes you think I haven't already?”

“Pacey, shhhh. I haven't even taken the test yet,” she whispered. “Just get those candles blown out before everyone gets suspicious.”

Softly brushing his lips past hers, “Yes ma'am.”

Unable to hold back, Joey's eyes pooled with tears. Turning from her spot on the couch, Jen looked up. Seeing Joey standing there broke her heart. Getting up from her seat, Jen walked over to Joey.
“Oh Jo, I'm so sorry. I didn't hear you come in. I thought you were still out on your walk.”

“I miss him so much Jen?”

“Oh honey.” Pulling her into a hug, she let Joey cry into her shoulder as the video continued to play in the background.

“Dada.”

Joey's head shot up. She looked up and saw her little girl walking up to the TV screen. Walking around the couch, she picked her up. “Yes. That's your daddy.”

TopBottom

Posted: 05/11/03 10:44
# 2 

Administrator

Reply Quote

:ohno :ohno :ohno

OMG. Light! That was SO sad. :cry :cry :cry
What in the world happened to Pacey?
You can't just stop there! MORE!
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
:groupwave

TopBottom

Posted: 05/11/03 15:24
# 3 

Administrator

Reply Quote

:omg :cry :cry :cry :cry

TopBottom

Posted: 06/14/03 07:33
# 4 

Drunk

Drunk

Reply Quote

Oh how sad...and yet so good. Short but sweet...just how I like them. Stormy!

TopBottom

Posted: 07/21/03 07:36
# 5 

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Reply Quote

:sad so saaaaddd... is that all? There needs to be moooore!

TopBottom

Posted: 09/02/03 22:13
# 6 

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

Awwwww Buddddyyyy You sooo need to start writting again God you are so talented!

TopBottom

Posted: 09/03/03 22:51
# 7 

Hammered

Hammered

Reply Quote

So Sad! :cry
But it's fantastic!

TopBottom

Posted: 10/29/03 20:51
# 8 

Underage

Underage

Reply Quote

That was so sad, but still a really beautiful fic :)

TopBottom