Please be advised - many threads are considered
'spoiled', be wary if you have NOT yet seen the movie.

Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/14/02 06:11
# 1 

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

I'm a fan of HBO/Miramax TV series.

Project Greenlight: projectgreenlight.liveplanet.com

Did anyone watch the first series last year?

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/14/02 11:55
# 2 

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

No, but I heard it's really great!
Wanna fill us in? I'd like to know... :)

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/14/02 13:27
# 3 

Administrator

Reply Quote

Isn't that the project that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck run? It's a screenwriter's contest basically. People send in their screenplays and when all is said and done, the winning script is produced by Ben and Matt.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/14/02 14:23
# 4 

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Yeah. That's the one. But I think the first season is done and now they are making the movie... Right?

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/14/02 18:17
# 5 

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

What's the movie on? I always though Project Greenlight was like a movie or something. Goes to show you how much my days are filled iwth confusion.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/15/02 11:07
# 6 

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

I'm not sure really. I think Ben and Matt picked the "best" one and then it got turned into the movie...
And don't feel bad. I am so totally out of the loop when it comes to...like everything... :silly

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/15/02 12:29
# 7 

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Yup, that's how it is with me... I don't know something until it's over.
Hmm... they the only ones that get to judge?

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/15/02 15:57
# 8 

Administrator

Reply Quote

Well you will all be interested to know that while I was at Blockbuster today I picked up a movie.. :lol

Project Greenlight. Which is funny cause I saw the thread but never got a chance to read what you guys said yet. I just *remembered* a thread titled that and rented it. I haven't watched it yet. But yeah, it's produced by MD and BA. The back of the video says something along the lines of a boy befriends and helps another boy find is way to heaven?! I'll post a full report on it in a few days after I watch it. ;)

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/16/02 03:39
# 9 

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

It really lets you get a different prospective on what happens when someone wants to make a movie. the guy last yr. wrote the script and then had to direct it. that may have been too much on him for a first timer (i think he was?).

Matt Damon and Ben Af. along with this other producer that mainly over saw the movie on site and off...when as matt and ben had to be away alot of the time. This producer (i forget his name) really made a name for himself. He was a hard A$$ and he'll tell you like it is or isn't. Because i'm not really sure of the movie politics i can't say if he was right or wrong, but he surely made a difference when something NEEDED to be taken care of.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/16/02 13:09

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Hmm. Thanks for the info. And bunnie, that sounds about right... Let us know how the movie is. I wanna know!

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/16/02 14:41

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Can't wait for the full report Bunni. I need ta know if it's worth renting for some night.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/17/02 04:50

Administrator

Reply Quote

Can't wait for an update on the movie, Bunni! :)

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 10/17/02 11:42

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

I didn't even know that it was coming straight to video stores... I was going to start looking for it in theaters... Oh well. :rollin Again, shows how much I know!

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 11/16/02 15:00

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Bunni- did you ever get to watch the video? How was it?

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 11/22/02 10:38

Administrator

Reply Quote

OMG. I watched that like ages ago it seems. I'm so sorry. It was okay. Let's see.. it was about 2 young boys basically. One Catholic. One Jewish. Storyline was focused around the Catholic boy trying to convert the Jewish one to Catholic (because he's dying) and he wanted him to go to heaven. It was a very religious movie for sure. So keep that in mind. Um, let's see it was okay. I definitely wouldn't care to watch it again. I can tell you how it ends, but am not sure if you guys want to be that spoiled or not.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 11/22/02 15:07

Administrator

Reply Quote

It doesn't matter to me. I more than likely won't watch it.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 11/27/02 17:58

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Wouldn't matter if you told me. I probably won't watch it. It sounds like a movie I wouldn't like too much.

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 11/27/02 19:12

Administrator

Reply Quote

Yeah, not that I had anything against the Religions (as I am Catholic) but I guess I just didn't care for that storyline. Seemed way lame to me and could of been a *much* better of a movie. Ah well. What ever floats their boat I guess. Crappy overall storyline to me. Of course I'm the type of a sucker for the Huge Blockbuster hits and anything other than those are just "okay". I really would never recommend this one to a friend. Just my opinion though. ;)

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 12/01/02 17:34

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Good to know... I was going to look for it but I guess it should be one I skip... Cool, though. Thanks for letting us know!

TopBottom

Project Greenlight.
 Posted: 12/01/02 18:17

Administrator

Reply Quote

Jen...I'm the same way...I like the "commercial" stuff mainly. Every once in a while a smaller film will catch my attention and I'll like it.

TopBottom

Go to page 1, 2  Next