Please be advised - many threads are considered
'spoiled', be wary if you have NOT yet seen the movie.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Swimfan ~ Shiri's New Movie
 Posted: 08/20/02 08:04

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

my thoughts are... :rant
I don't care if the evil/manipulating/tess act-a-like/ :censor /SLUT gets into it with a dumb boyfriend. (Yes you heard me right. As much as I love Max b/c of Liz and Max---you have to give insult where insult is due)
and if the psycho girl wins in tearing the 'love birds' apart.

Because all I really care to see is...
Shiri's character be a little more ballys and not let her boyfriend's screw up affect her to the fact like it did Liz's character.
Like Maria said to Liz in '4 alien's and a baby' ---
"I hate to see you play the victum...you have a choice...either you forgive Max or don't" (i'm paraphrasing)

:rant

:band ;) :) :b

TopBottom

Posted: 08/20/02 09:39

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Dang. Roswell Season 2 and 3 all over again. NO fair. I don't want anymore crazy psycho tess-like bitches winning...

Anyway does anyone have pictures from last night's premiere at some city I don't know the name off?

I saw it on the news last night on FOX. The premiere was by a pool and the news showed Erika Christiansen (sp?) (The blonde who steals the guy) and Jesse Bradford, but they didn't show Shiri so was wondering if she was even there?

TopBottom

Posted: 08/20/02 13:51

Administrator

Reply Quote

:dunno :dunno :dunno

TopBottom

Posted: 08/21/02 10:03

Administrator

Reply Quote

Courtesy of SSG

TopBottom

Posted: 08/22/02 04:49

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

jen they are showing up with little red x's

TopBottom

Posted: 08/22/02 05:21

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

These pictures are from Anna from Roswell1 email list.
I just pieced them together and this is what I got!

enjoy

TopBottom

Posted: 08/22/02 15:05

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

Thanks for sharing those pics

TopBottom

Posted: 08/26/02 08:58

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

You guys sure the evil one wins? Cuz in the trailer when Erika Christiansen's character tries to kill Shiri's character, the guy goes and saves her and says the he doesn't wanna be with Erika's Character...

Oh shit, that guy who played Billy Darden in Roswell is in that movie.

TopBottom

Posted: 08/26/02 14:29

Administrator

Reply Quote

Just got to say...the bad guy (girl) never wins! Hey...Tess got hers...

TopBottom

Posted: 09/07/02 03:27

Administrator

Reply Quote

There is a video clip of all 3 actors (Shiri included) talking about the movie and answering fans questions on AOL today. It's called Jessica's Crush and it's okay. Shiri doesn't really talk that much, or the other girl. Most of the questions were for the guy.

TopBottom

Posted: 09/07/02 05:07

Sober

Sober

Reply Quote

I went to see Swimfan last night with a group of friends...and after about 20 minutes of hearing people yell shut up, they finally did. I thought it was pretty good...but I have to admit, I was a little disapointed. It seemed short. Good acting though, all around. And there are some really good scenes. I probably wouldn't go see it again, unless I was begged...lol.

TopBottom

Posted: 09/07/02 12:35

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Reply Quote

Yeah, the movie was great! Wish it would have been longer, though.

Thanks for the pictures, Shiri looks beautiful! And I had no idea Majandra attended... she's so gorgeous... of course, you all knew I would say that :grin

TopBottom

Posted: 09/08/02 23:10

Administrator

Reply Quote

'Swimfan' crashes party with $12.4 mil b.o. splash
Sun Sep 8, 8:15 PM ET

By Brian Fuson

LOS ANGELES (The Hollywood Reporter) --- In a boxoffice upset, 20th Century Fox's "Swimfan" lapped IFC's "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" to win the gold and capture the top spot this weekend with a debut of an estimated $12.4 million, while "Wedding" accrued an estimated dowry of $10.6 million to place second.

Heading into the weekend, most industry observers -- including executives at Fox -- thought the long-running super-sleeper "Wedding" would catch the top slot after being a bridesmaid for 20 weeks while consistently moving up the charts in its relatively slow theatrical expansion.

But while the romantic comedy-drama came up shy of the top ranking, it was in 1,160 fewer theaters than "Swimfan" and generated the strongest per-theater average of the weekend's top films, with $6,254. "Wedding," which was produced by Playtone and Gold Circle Films, should pass the $100 million mark in the next week, as its cume stands at an estimated $96 million.

Warner Bros. Pictures' "City by the Sea" opened in the third slot with an estimated gross of $9.1 million. The debut for the Franchise Pictures-produced crime thriller, starring Robert De Niro and helmed by Michael Caton-Jones, was in line with pre-release tracking.

Last weekend's boxoffice champ, Buena Vista's "Signs," slipped into the fourth spot with estimated receipts of $8 million, bringing its gross to date to about $205.8 million. It's the fourth film to pass the $200 million mark this year.

Sony's "XXX" was fifth with an estimated $5.5 million, raising the total for the Vin Diesel starrer from Revolution Studios to an estimated $131 million after five weekends.

Also worthy of note, the total domestic gross for New Line's "Austin Powers in Goldmember" advanced to an estimated $207.1 million, topping the $205.4 million that "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" tallied. "Goldmember" placed seventh with an estimated $2.8 million this weekend.

And while it didn't find a place in the top 12, the cume to date for DreamWorks' "Road to Perdition" crossed the $100 million mark. The Tom Hanks starrer is the 14th film released this year to reach that level at the boxoffice.

Altogether it was another lukewarm session at the boxoffice, as the estimated total for the top 12 films was $60.7 million, down 1% from the comparable frame last year, marking the eighth consecutive down weekend. The Hollywood Reporter projects the total for all films this weekend to be in the low-to-mid $70 million range, close to last year's $76.1 million.

The surprisingly strong finish at the boxoffice for "Swimfan" was fueled primarily by young moviegoers, with females making up the largest portion at 60%, according to exit polls. "There had been nothing in the market for (youths) since 'Blue Crush' for young females, and 'XXX' for young males," said Rick Myerson, executive vp and general sales manager at Fox. "This opening surpassed all of our expectations, it was unexpected. It was like a small box with a big present."

The PG-13-rated psychological thriller, helmed by John Polson and produced by Greenestreet Films, Cobalt Media and Further Films, came with scaled-back expectations. "We anticipated that, after 20 weeks, 'Greek Wedding' would be No. 1," Myerson said. "But that's what makes this business so exciting -- you never know."

"We're extremely proud of this film," Cobalt Media Group partner Hal Sadoff said. "Cobalt and our partners at Greenestreet, along with Further Films, believed in the director and set out to make an independent film that was smart and edgy, but would appeal to a broad audience. Fox saw the film, believed in it, and did a spectacular job this weekend."

The film's director was also upbeat. "We're ecstatic -- and from the exit polls, people are really enjoying the film," John Polson said. "We had a few negative reviews on Friday, which made us a little nervous, but it seems that our audience pretty much ignored that."

As for the weekend's other wide release, "City by the Sea," "It was better then we expected, so we're very pleased," said Dan Fellman, president of domestic distribution for Warner Bros. "It was made for a modest budget and the film will ultimately show a nice profit for Franchise."

The gritty crime drama, which carried an R-rating, appealed to an older audience -- 70% were older than 30 years of age -- and generated strong exits, according to Fellman. "I expect it to continue to do well at the boxoffice since the films opening next week are targeted toward a different demographic," he said.

In the limited-release area, Fox Searchlight had two films that continued to drum up significant business. "The Good Girl," starring Jennifer Aniston, placed 12th with an estimated $1.5 million this weekend from 690 theaters, taking its cume to about $9.7 million after five weeks. The Robin Williams starrer "One Hour Photo" developed an estimated $1.45 million from 173 theaters, raising its total after three weekends to roughly $5.9 million. "Photo" expands to 1,200 theaters Friday.

For the week ending Sept. 5, the national boxoffice was down 3% from the comparable seven-day period last year ($135.8 million vs. $139.6 million), while the year-to-date total holds a 12% advantage ($6.47 billion vs. $5.78 billion). Estimated admissions for the year-to-date are up 9% from the comparable period last year.

TopBottom

Posted: 09/11/02 08:15

Sober

Sober

Reply Quote

Are you sure about that? I never remember seeing Jesse Bradford in Roswell.

I've seen him in other things like he was Belthsar in William Shakespears Romeo and Juliet. He was also Cliff in Bring it On.

I can't remember anything else right now though.

I haven't seen Swimfan yet, but I want to. I guess it's not that good acording to what some of you people have said.

~Hannah

TopBottom

Posted: 09/11/02 13:12

Delirious

Delirious

Reply Quote

No Jesse Bradford was never in Roswell. At least I don't think so. The guy who plays one of his friends in the movie Swimfan was a guest star in Roswell for like 2 episodes.

TopBottom

Posted: 09/24/02 16:54

Sober

Sober

Reply Quote

I saw Swimfan, last Thursday with a friend, and I loved it!

I especially sort of apprechiated it when Amy found out that Madison and Ben had made love in the pool. That she had slapped him I was like.

Oh I wish Liz would've done that to Max when he told her that he slept with Tess, and also when he was about to leave earth and didn't call Liz in Secrets and Lies and Control, I kinda wish she would've slapped him there. Her character Amy is a lot less of a rug then Liz.

I also liked how when Madison threw Amy into the pool that Ben jumped in after her without a second thought.

The ending was a little disapointing though, but other then that, I liked Swimfan really well. It still doesn' match up with Star Wars Episode II which is my favorite movie of this year!

~Hannah

Dreamer Candyclanner Stargazer InCrowder Rebounder
Dreamer Awakening Double Dipper

Eternal Believer B/A 4ever!

TopBottom

Posted: 09/25/02 02:18

Administrator

Reply Quote

I get to go see it tomorrow night. I can't wait. Although, there are other good movies out there too. :lol I just hate bad endings. We'll see...

TopBottom

Posted: 09/25/02 03:24

Wasted

Wasted

Reply Quote

the movie is ok, but the soundtrack is better. *shrugs*

TopBottom

Posted: 09/27/02 04:44

Administrator

Reply Quote

OMG?! I saw it last night! It was awesome!

Well to make it an even spookier movie it was pouring down rain, and then get this.. (first time this has EVER happened to me) I go in and sit down in a stadium seating theater (in the very center last row at the top) and the movie starts... AND I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THERE! For the whole movie. It was really weird. I looked down to tons of empty seats. I felt SO alone. :lol :lol At least when I screamed no one heard me. :rollin :rollin

and at the end... just wondering... was that him in the swimmeet or someone else?

TopBottom

Posted: 09/27/02 05:42

Tipsy

Tipsy

Reply Quote

jen---it was someone else swimming at the meet.

:)

TopBottom

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next