Things That Annoy Me # 4

OT:The Latest & Greatest & Everything Else.
khalessi
I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends a message. —Damon

Re: Things That Annoy Me # 4

Post by khalessi » 07/30/14 13:25

Phones that go off in people's pockets. My Mums does that a or and she denies all knowledge. She is no good with technology

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 07/30/14 14:08

The whole public phonecall thing bugs me. I find it intrusive and inconsiderate.

I seldom have a ringer on, if I happen to have a phone in my pocket. If I do, it will be very low and in an inside pocket near my ear. I could miss a vibrate. On the other hand, I really do not care most of the time! :lol

I think the most interest I show is in finding out who it is. Once I know that, I can take it or leave it. What I will not do is have a conversation in a crowd. I'll move away. People with phones in restaurants?

Don't get me wrong, I have done them all but with good reason and discretely. People who say go out on a date or something and just sit at the table taking and making calls is just plain rude!

Enough to go on for now? :up

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 07/30/14 16:22

I think people with personal calls should. The issue I have with my mum when I do choose to answer the phone she is normally in a panic over one thing or another. And I don't think people should discuss their court cases etc in public or std's :lol

I was at the stage the stage with mum at one point where I had to answer phone wherever I was but I would always take it outside, and by the end of it be stressed out. I think it's more the case that I act more her age :lmao

So I guess that annoys me

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 07/30/14 18:38

You and I seem to have a lot in common. I nearly said that before a few times but cannot help myself now! :lol Yeah in other ways we are different but more in a complimentary way - at least the way I see it. So, please believe me when I say that I completely understand.

Being 5 hours away has its advantages but being readily available on the other end of a phone can negate that. I don't know exactly where you are at right now but I suggest the don't call me, I'll call you tactic. I'm lucky that I have good reasons to use this and perhaps you can find some too?

Running out of hours in a day annoys me sometimes! :lol

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 07/31/14 05:13

Very much so the distance can be a blessing. And she will never move back up here as she blames the highlands for everything. It was too handy for her turning up on my door step.

People who knock on Windows to get in instead of the front door, just because. I am on the ground floor does not mean I don't want people to use the door :lol it makes me mad

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 07/31/14 13:19

Heck, open the window and invite them in! :lol

Well, if they choose to treat a window like a door, why don't you? :)

That does bug me. I have a doorbell that deliberately does not work. Most will knock. Some will instead go peering in windows or knocking on one. You gonna clean the grease of that window? :lol

On the other hand, I had an UPS delivery the other day and the driver actually went to the trouble of locating me out back. Not many would do that and I am grateful that he did.

What annoys me? Hmmmmm... Oh, the "quick question" annoys me! People who ask "quick questions" almost invariably require a L_O_N_G answer. Bugs me from the start because the attempt is usually meant to trivialize deliberately! OK, I do realize that some do not realize this and I make allowances but some people are just out to take advantage.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/01/14 10:05

I would like To. Pretty sure she would still try and get in. Dog first :lmao

Some of our postman don't even knock just say not in.

I am trying to think glass half full atm :)

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/01/14 10:47

Oh well ... I guess that is a lost cause then! :lmao Guess you just have to open the door anyway ... back to the drawing board!

It annoys me that I never seem to have enough of the spare time that I would like to have. I know this is only temporary and will pass but doesn't mean I like it! :lol

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/01/14 11:12

It is actually not a problem with my mum she won't come into my flat as she has issues over something trivial. If I had known that I would have done it ages ago :)

I have spare time but it passes too quickly I think.

I have annoying neighbours upstairs :lmao would be fine but they have limited English

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/01/14 11:28

Well, I would hope not after a 5 hour trip! :lol

My mum will not visit because I have a cat. Suits me! :lol

I did stay somewhere once, when there were people above. Wooden floors and a toddler. Imagine rolling toys? Any time of day or night too! That did bug me!

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/01/14 11:35

I think it's bowling balls upstairs or bodies. Or they are housing several immigrant families up there.

On occasion when she is here my brother will come in and she will stay outside. Over a picture. mothers :lol

what's your cat called?

i am allergic to animals that annoys me

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/01/14 11:58

Yeah, probably much about the same sound; it would drive me round the bend!

I can tolerate noise but it is harder when the noise is intermittent.

Cat doesn't really have a name. Reason: she was a stray (not my cat). She does know who I am talking to, so it doesn't really matter.

Allergic to animals? Probably like them too! Shame about that.

I would probably leave my cat behind when I leave here. I won't like it but it is really her territory and unfair to take her out of it. I most likely know someone that would have her. Probably not my "normal" course of action but under the circumstances, that is what I foresee.

Power cuts annoy me! They never happen while asleep and only when I want to do something! :lol Not frequent enough or long enough though to warrant a generator.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/01/14 12:03

Do you move around a lot? At least someone would look after the cat when you go. I love animals and would stop to pet one at any opportunity. Unless its horses. Really not a fan :lol we have to go to assist a service user on a horse every so often.

Funny they happen here and neighbours hang out windows checking the rest of street. I pull out candles and amuse myself. I love candles though, forget the fact I have gone out and left one burning. oops

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/01/14 12:31

Not of recent. Trying to get this place up to scratch so I can put it on the market. Been dragging my heels a little because of the poor market. Most likely I will make a loss but at least I will be rid of the place and able to move on. Besides, other places will be cheaper too.

I can see that easily happening if you are just so used to having candles around.

Yes, I look out too. The reason is simple: the bigger the area that is out, the quicker it is fixed.

Nosy neighbors annoy me. You know? The curtain twitchers? Sad that they do not have anything better to do, I guess. Maybe I just hate being watched?

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/01/14 13:38

I get that. I am slowly making a few repairs, new toilet etc as I hope to move to somewhere bigger in the same area or closer to work. I live pretty close to town but I don't ever really go there. I take it you dont have anything to tie you to anywhere. I moved here for family typical as half that family moved away. I am happy enough where I am. I love my job really it can be fun.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/02/14 06:07

Absolutely nothing to tie me here at all. Transitioning to online working is a part of things, meaning I have work wherever. I'd offer to do your bathroom for you but transporting tools would not be that practical. :lol

Things that annoy me? It annoyed me when ezBoard lost all that data in 2005 from an alleged hack. Erased parts of many people's lives!

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/02/14 09:17

How long have you been on boards like these? I remember ezboard. Used to like using it :) but very easy to get sucked in to spending lots of time on it.

people who were bikinis so swimming pools, seriously its not a beach.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/02/14 10:47

Cannot erase that memory. :)

I was there before there was a million members.

Yes but other things are addictive too and probably more so. Times have changed and people have more opportunities to indulge their needs or fill their time.

Someone who sends you an unannounced file out of the blue annoys me! :lol (not really - people should just not do that)

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/02/14 12:35

People who don't listen when you are just trying to help.

I miss ezboard sometimes, yuku was just not the same.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/02/14 12:44

Oh, people do not like to hear what they do not want to hear. I try hard not to help people unless asked and even then it can become an issue.

Just got an email, asking about a basic server issue. I could have fixed it in 5-10 mins, if the keys had been thrown with the email. An hour on and still 3 sites down. Thar would not happen on one of mine, if I was aware of it.

People that constantly ask favors annoy me. <- I will say no more because I may need a couple of days to let the dust settle on that one! :lol

Return to “Grand Central”