Things That Annoy Me # 4

OT:The Latest & Greatest & Everything Else.
khalessi
I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends a message. —Damon

Re: Things That Annoy Me # 4

Post by khalessi » 08/05/14 02:09

I hate getting put on hold and they play you the dullest music ever like they are trying to annoy you even more. And outsourcing to other countries is all well amd good but not if it takes longer to make yourself understood.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/05/14 06:47

I can switch off to dull music, so that doesn't hugely bother me unless it is the same tune over and over.

Not having a local call center means lack of local knowledge. Things take longer because the computer driven automatons do not just understand things, like the weather currently being wild or that one place is close to another.

On the same topic... I hate it when the music played is not so bad - maybe a bit lively even - and the music gets interrupted either by some stupid and uninformative recording (I don't mind the "X in the queue" or "longest call waiting at present") or it just simply cuts off! I keep thinking I am gonna speak to a real live human being and then get let down!

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/08/14 02:54

Doesn't help that you can get into the song, start humming or singing along and then all of a sudden a voice comes on the line :lmao

not being able to sleep so well at night, waking every hour.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/08/14 08:36

The words "bear" and "sore head" come to mind there! :drink

Paper based forms annoy me. Not being able to find a black pen annoys me. Information being asked in a different format from anyone else annoys me.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/13/14 03:11

Being back at work to find things aren't getting done the way you would expect them too.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/13/14 10:51

LOL

You know what I was thinking about putting in this topic a few mins ago before I opened it?

I am intolerant of incompetence. (I try my best! :lol )

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/14/14 07:56

:lmao

Youtube adverts. Just play the song already :lol

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/14/14 17:49

Just block Google ads and it does! :)

I just kicked myself for making a silly mistake with a series of numbers. I basically ended up with a list, where the first 2/3 looked just fine. Guess how much I glanced at? :lol I had to backtrack and redo the last 1/3 over again. On the positive side, I never wrecked anything! :lmao

People say that I should not get annoyed with myself and I kinda agree. I do not wage all out war or anything. I even add a bit of humor. I will give myself just enough of a hard time though to try and prevent the same mistake being made again. In my method's defense, it is very successful! So, if I want to kick myself, let me. I promise I will get over it quick! :drink

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/15/14 06:12

That is good to know :)

Facebook requests for games I don't play, or apps I don't want installed, take a hint.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/15/14 08:01

The whole FaceBook thing annoys me. In fact anywhere that personal detail or habits are stored and used for tracking purposes annoys me.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/15/14 08:04

I keep everything for friends or my viewing only. I am very careful with pics etc.

Long drawn out answers annoy my that come numbered :lmao why me...

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/15/14 08:37

Er, define "my viewing only"? :drink

That's like my "quick question" one. Almost always ends up as a long answer!

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/15/14 08:43

I don't put pics up of my brother when he was young for everyone to see, it is a good place to store pictures though. I don't think people should post pictures of kids online you don't know who can see them. I have seen pics that should have been that on my page for all to see yuck

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/15/14 09:51

Everyone not seeing is not private though because everyone is not everyone.

Posting pics of kids has always been difficult. How do you tell the granny that they really should not be posting pics of their new grandchild?

The whole Internet is turning into one super-spy-system, with data being collected from ISPs, Telcos, Search Engines, Advertisers, Email Providers, OS Providers, App Providers, Social Media Providers, etc, etc, all feeding back data to Government agencies, who then likely share that with other Government agencies. Yes, I am saying the British GCHQ and American NSA share some of that data with their Chinese counterpart and around 50 others.

People are being enticed with addictive games and apps, feeds, the stuff that really attracts and hooks them, then their life story is mapped globally and shared in return.

Even when informed, many people are too addicted to change their habits. Perhaps they are foolish enough to use the old adage, "I don't do anything wrong, so why should I worry?". There are many counters to this. One example would be simply, what if that data was tapped for malicious purposes? Fragmented, it is valueless. All together though, it knows you better than you know yourself. Who you are related to, who you message or phone, how long. Don't kid yourself that a fake name can get you out of this.

So, this whole con really annoys me. I am doing my small part to work against this.

MarieFlutterby

Post by MarieFlutterby » 09/21/14 10:09

people, but to narrow it down the ones that make me do all the thinking for them!

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 02/25/16 08:20

Atm people who post pictures of big spiders that don't look like they could be easily assisted outside of sucked up a Hoover. :)

destinyros2005
Administrator

Post by destinyros2005 » 01/18/19 08:59

I've probably said this before, but....everything! :lol

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 04/18/20 13:28

Covid 19 and people not following rules

Return to “Grand Central”