# 1 

Administrator

Reply Quote

Back in July, JJ luvr and I decided we'd go on the Vampire Stalkers Tour in the real town of Covington or better known as the made-up town of "Mystic Falls." I will tell you that even though the tour was at like 8 o'clock in the morning, I wouldn't recommend doing it over the summer months as it was extremely HOT and it was several hours long; a walking tour too!

Anyway, here are some fun pictures (most you will recognize from the show itself) You can see the side of the courthouse (this is also the same courthouse that was used in the movie Footloose). You can see some shots of the park in the center of the town- where many episodes were filmed. There is a side view of the Mystic Grill (you can see the alley down below- where a TON of scenes from TVD were filmed) and at the time of our tour the "Mystic Grill" was fake! Seriously! It was only an empty building. However, they were in the process of making it a "real" restaurant which from my understanding is to open this Fall 2013. You can see a picture of Ian's (Damon's) favorite Thai restaurant he always eats at during filming- and his favorite table! (They even hung a picture of him up over the table.) Along with all of the characters houses (Elena, Bonnie, etc- with the only exception of the Salvatore Brothers house) we got a behind the scenes tour of the infamous "Lockwood Mansion". I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice or not as it almost felt like you were walking into a fairytale it was so beautiful! In one photo we were standing on the steps of the Lockwood Mansion and looking out at the driveway going to the street. You can see the magical beauty of the backyard, the lake filled with REAL swans and the gardens- where many of the casts interviews took place. We also just couldn't resist and took a picture of the real owner of the Manor- what a cute cat! And last but not least- we stopped to eat at the BBQ place the cast always eats at during filming and told them to "vamp it up" and here's what we got-- vampire fangs!(you can click on the thumbnails to view a larger picture!)

OH... and one more thing-- look closely at the pictures of all the houses! One of them does NOT belong. It is not part of the Vampire Diaries. However, it is a VERY famous HORROR house. Do you know what movie it came from and who it belongs too?

TopBottom

# 2 

Administrator

Reply Quote

TopBottom

# 3 

Administrator

Reply Quote

TopBottom

# 4 

I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends a message. —Damon

Reply Quote

OMG! I love the stones with their names on them. What a lovely location for filming it looks so nice there and the statue and park. Footloose too i have watched that film tons of times :lol thanks so much for posting :cheer

TopBottom

# 5 

Administrator

Reply Quote

:clap

TopBottom

# 6 

Administrator

Reply Quote

Has anyone figured out the Horror House yet? :thinking :dunno

TopBottom