Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Fairy Dust - Majandra in Paris 2004
 Posted: 03/02/04 01:04

Delirious

Delirious

OMG, I LOVE Maj's white dress!

Stalker and Didi-Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Thanks for the pics too!

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 02:20

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Oh, there are some happy people in here, and believe it or not, that is more than enough to make it all worth for me. :flowers :loveu guys!

Bunnie - There was no aggravation at all. :) All I thought was "I HAVE to get something for FD, and if Majandra can't sign it, Devon will have to, I'll bug him till he does!" :lol Luckily, he was so incredibly nice that it was damn easy to get him to. :)

Also, thank YOU. :flowers :loveu You'll have e-mail in a second. You're increidble.

And thank you also for typing up all the names; I should have been there to at least help or do it myself, but I hadn't been at home the entire week, and now I am sort of glad you typed them all up because I'd have had to pull an all-nighter by the time I finally got to check on the list if you hadn't had mailed it! :lol

Oh, and there's one more thing for all you guys (and I am dead excited about this), but I'm not sure if we are done with it yet (or rather, Didi, cause she's doing all teh work here). :grin

Spice - Yeah, I'll have the complete list up, but by tomorrow or so, cause I have to work in a while. :(

And I aboslutely know that I was a bad girl yesterday, trying to tell youthat Majandra hadn't had the time to sign anything, and what is even worse, I actually enjoyed teasing you! :lmfao

Well, :loveu though, you know that, right? ;)
Oh, and thank you for changing the colors in here; makes it all the more easier to read. :)

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 03:12

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Maj - Forgot to say, Thank you! :flowers

Alright, people!

Here is (a little belated) a few pics of the fanbook, and the giftbasket. We would have more pics for you to see, but we thought we would ask beforehand if someone minded having their contribution to the fanbook up here and posted, because the size the pages are now, the text is legible, so we are still waiting for replies to that. We can either re-size them so you can't read it anymore, or leave them down altogether, if someone perfers.

Giftbasket (amazingly arranged by the girls, IMO) with fanbook cover up front.

And here, since Val asked for it on MB, is the fairy tale we wrote for the book (kind of as an introduction). We used the fairies as a theme throughout the entire book because we thought it made sense seeing as how we were the Pixies. ;)

A Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, in a faraway country called Venezuela, there lived a little fairy with long, blonde hair. She was named Maria Alejandra, but what a disgrace it was when it turned out that the other fairies could not speak her name, for it was too long and fairy tongues are often hurried, and every time they tried to pronounce it, they mumbled “Majandra”, and that is how from then on she was called by all.

It was quickly learned that little Majandra was a very special girl. Unlike the other fairies who sat in the sun and played all day, splashing raindrops at each other or swinging on the leaves, little Majandra wanted something else. Every day, she would patiently sit on the top twig of her fairy classroom in the old oak tree, waiting for the blackbird to call the end of the class, and then she would run off towards the big stone by the great meadow, where an elderly fairy would teach her and a few others how to sing and dance.

Little Majandra lived for those hours. At first, the other fairies looked at her with concern in their eyes, for they knew that the world was not always as easy as it seemed. Would the tiny fairy ever be happy? And in fact, she was not. Life was nice, but not exciting enough. She wanted more.

That night, lying in her little bed and looking up at the stars, she thought of something else: how neat would it be if she could simply be someone else? If she could just wake up, and not be only little Majandra, but another person for a little while? Would that not make everything a little brighter, a little more colorful, a little more thrilling?

And that is how the next day, she decided to get up and be… someone else. All night she had thought about who she was going to be and how she was going to act, and once she woke up the next day, she took the form of the character in her mind to reality. The other fairies first looked at her strangely, but then saw how much joy it was giving her, and soon acknowledged that she had a great talent in acting out whoever she was pretending to be, and that it seemed to make her happy. And little Majandra turned it into a game. Every day, she would pick someone else: She played a quirky, kooky being, or a selfish witch, or a troubled teen, and everyone in Fairyland grew used to it and even began to anticipate it, and wonder what she would do next.

And she did not disappoint them. For a while her little game was enough for her, and Majandra grew up peacefully. But – not so secretly to some – her true passion was something else, something that had accompanied her throughout all of her life, from the early childhood days by the meadow on: music.

She didn't like to play her little pretend-game and sing at the same time though. The pretend-game was something fun, something she liked to do, but music... Music was something coming from within her, something important, something serious. It was something that was truly hers, and she wanted the other fairies to know that when she sang, it was Majandra who did so. So there would be days, in between her pretend-game, when she would wake up wanting to be no one else but herself, and she would seek a quiet place and sing her songs.

And oh, how she sang! It did not go unnoticed by the other fairies, of course - Fairyland is not THAT big -, and in the beginning it happened by accident that they stopped on their way to catch her voice, crept closer, and stayed, but soon they came by on purpose to listen to little Majandra and what she had to sing to them. And every day they became more and more…

They began to gather up around her, share her laughter and cries on those days when she would continue to slip into another character's shoes, applaud at her songs and follow with interest what she was going to do next… And no one in Fairyland ever looked at Majandra with worry again, for she had found what made her truly happy, and in the process had made a lot of other fairies happy, too.

Those fairies are still here today, and they still follow Majandra to wherever her life may take her. It might be far away, or it might be near. It might be Paris. They might not all be there, but some always will. And as long as they will be around, they will always call themselves

The Pixies.

More pictures can be found on Didi's online album:
pictures.arimi.us/absites/

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 08:48

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

You're evil! Teasing me like that :glare It was *so* not funny :glare

:lol :loveu

Cute Fairytale! :grinclap

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 09:38

Sober

Sober

Hey all,

Stalker told you that there would be another surprise soon, so here it is. She's at work and couldn't post the link herself but since I did upload it to kc.net already, we didn't want you to wait any longer :)

Just go here and take a look. And don't forget to do a right-click and save as please!

Oh and whoever changed the font color here...thank you! I can read the text now without hightlight! :grin

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 09:56

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

:thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud

Wow... totally amazing, Majandra is just so incredible... :flowers :flowers :flowers

:thanx

TopBottom

Posted: 03/02/04 16:04

Sober

Sober

I'd have to agree with the :thud THANK YOU so much. It was amazing. I'm over here drooling. My friend Katie who is sitting next to me can verify that. lol hehe :whohoo

---Brandy

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 01:12

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Well, I thought she was sooooo cool in agreeing to that last clip. :thumbsup

As for the "Ski-Ming" one... :lol Totally caught the dance by accident, but in retrospect I was so damn happy to have switched on the cam. BTW the bouncing of the camera when she starts to dance is Didi pushing me very hard with excitement! :lol

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 02:09

Sober

Sober

:lol Well, it was just so cool! And I turned around and I could tell that Stalker was filming it and that got me even more excited so I was thinking 'you're filming it, you're filming it' and just pushing at her arm all the time :lol Sorry for that :grin

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 02:51

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

No, it's okay, it was fun, you were like "eeeek, look!" and I went, "Yeah, I know, hold still goddamnit"! :lol :lol I thought it was so funny, here I was trying to hold the camera, and you went all excited, but it was cute! :flowers

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 03:30

Sober

Sober

:lol I know! And when I finally realized what I was doing (too little too late btw :lol ) I stopped right away. But it was funny and we had our fun :flowers

Oh, and the pic Laurence posted of us in front of that skating area? My mom said we look great in it :lol So maybe spontaneous pics do work if they really are that! :grin

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 04:01

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Dude, we should try again, just to be sure. :lol Let's try find a date for the next pic session. ;)

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 04:07

Administrator

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD.

:thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud

Like I wasn't speechless before. *runs off to analize if I just imagined that, or if it's real* :drink :drink :drink
:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :lmfao

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 04:16

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

No, it's real, and now please tell us you love us! :lol :lol

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 04:18

Sober

Sober

Bunnie, it's real ;) And she's actually saying "To the people of KC and FD hell-oooooo...Thank you and bye' or something like that and waving. But she started to soon so that we didn't get the first part and Stalker had to cut it because we were thinking it wouldn't fit anymore. But the most important part is there :grin

Stalker, we have to meet very soon anyway, switch pics, make our marathons, watch the Oscars :grinclap

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 04:26

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Didi - Will do. :grin Meet you online later so we can set schedules. ;) We have VERY important stuff to do. ;)

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 06:59

Tipsy

Tipsy

Stalker and Didi I just wanted to say thank you so much for the clips! They were great and the Hellooooo one put a smile on my face. How freaking cool is Majandra. The Ski Ming clip was great too!

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 09:19

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

No need to thank anyone, Val! :wavey

We figured you guys should have something from the concert, too. ;)

Got my pics btw and they turned out good, thank God! :thud We all have red eyes... :lol But most of them are fine, probably due to me being half-deaf and understanding "use the flash" when they said "don't use the flash". ;) :o

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 10:02

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

And piccies, in case anyone still wants some. :)

Top left, Devon and me, and below devon with Didi. Bottom left, all of us: Stephanie, Marica, Laurence, Amy, Zee, Didi. :)

TopBottom

Posted: 03/03/04 10:10

Blacked Out

Blacked Out

Aaaaand one more:

Top right - Stephanie, Astrid, Séverine, Didi, Laurence, Pascale. The middle one (right) is RoBERt and (duh) Majandra; bottom one is Mo talking to her "band". :lol

And I said "left" before but actually meant "right" - DUH! :rolleyes

TopBottom

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next